Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A visit from Lala land


I've noticed that my Daisy posts have become fewer and farther inbetween in the past few months. You'd think that this was because there was less to report but it's quite the contrary: Daisy is learning and developing so fast these days, that it's literally like one new or different thing every day.

Unfortunately, by the time I get to sit down and blog anything these days, I'm exhausted and/or don't have the creative juices to turn my posts into anything other than a laundry list of "things Daisy does." And, as amazing as she is to me, I get that it's probably not a great read for you guys.

However, I didn't want this past weekend to go by without recognizing Daisy's new friend, her Aunty Elena of The Gurly Life fame. Elena is my longest-standing friend here in the U.S. We met when I was in Los Angeles for my internship back in 1995, so we have been friends now for 15 years. Whoa! Elena wrote a thorough and amusing log of her visit here to the Sacraghetto area on her blog (in 3 parts, no less!), so I'm not going to reiterate it in my own words here (I much prefer her 3rd party perspective anyway) but I did want to share a couple of pics of Elena and Daisy getting to know one another.

Elena is one of a few friends I have left who remains footloose and fancy-free, meaning she is both husband and child-less. Less sounds bad, I guess. It sounds like I am pointing out that something is missing in her life, which couldn't be farther from the truth - she is an interesting, intelligent, independent person with a great career, a ton of friends, and a full life - but our realities these days are very different. In a lot of ways I envy her freedom but, of course, I wouldn't want to give up my Hubby or Daisy. Either way, my point is that Aunty E got to experience my life in all it's crazy glory for a few days. It's full, busy, and chaotic, but not terribly exciting, unless of course you are an 11 month old. Walks, park visits, and trips to BabiesRUs are probably not things that Aunty E does regularly, so it was fun to drag her along for the ride.

This first pic was "borrowed" from The Gurly Life. As you can see, Aunty E has mad stroller skills!


Now onto pics I didn't "borrow"....



Daisy Month 11_auntyevisit 005
Sharing some sweet-potato fries with Aunty E, who was trying to blog


Daisy Month 11_auntyevisit 025
Aunty E and Daisy were great friends by the time she left!




Elena's visit marked the first time that anyone has stayed overnight in our house since Daisy was born and it was really cute to see Daisy smile with surprise and excitement as she saw someone else descend the stairs in the morning. As we well know by now, Daisy loves people and she was very happy to have someone else to pester for a few days!


Thanks for being such a good sport, Aunty E!

1 comment:

e said...

LOL. Yes, childless and husbandless sounds terribly sad, doesn't it? And yet, as you say, it is not. I loved being with you guys, and Daisy is a treat. I wish I lived closer so I could get to know her better and take her to the park by ourselves, so you and J could get some business on, or do laundry, or whatever parents do when the kids are out of the house.