In essence, her personality has pretty much been shaped. All the previous posts on here continue to ring true. Daisy is sensitive, loving, concerned, a little cautious, funny, goofy, strong-willed, and an old-soul. She's a dynamite package that presents as cotton candy.
The major development in the past five months has been her independence. Gradually, little-by-little, she has extricated herself from our arms and our side and has begun to explore the world independently. Practically speaking, this has been a bit of relief. Now we can at least do the dishes without her whining for our attention. I know many moms feel a pang of sadness when their children begin to need them less but not me. I see her inner confidence grow and I feel nothing but pride and satisfaction. Maybe one day I will yearn for these days back again and, certainly, there are times when she puts her little hand in mine or calls me "Mumma" in that sweet little voice, that I take a mental note to bottle the feelings, knowing I will want to relive them at a later date.
No, I would not trade these memories and moments for anything but I enjoy watching the progress of her growing up. Each new achievement, each little footprint in the sand, makes me feel nothing but happiness and joy.
Personally, the past few months have been hard for me with my health issues but it has always been Daisy's sweet smile, goofy antics, and genuine concern for "Mumma's bad back" that have put a smile on my face.
Here are some photos from this past weekend of Daisy jumping on her trampoline in the back yard. The weather, even for Northern California, has been amazingly mild this winter and we never imagined that her Christmas gift would get this much use this early in the year.

For her 3rd birthday we're taking Missy to Disneyland, where there will be an overabundance of Princess-worshipping. I cannot wait!
Thanks for stopping by. I hope to be back a bit sooner next time!









1 comment:
Amazing pictures Shelly but then so is Daisy.
We are so lucky to have such a wonderful Granddaughter.
Love
Dad & Grandad
Post a Comment