Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Twitch

Week 19 and baby Vixen has begun to let his or her presence known.

Now, when sitting down in the evening to watch tv, a little, almost imperceptable twitch alerts me to baby's growth. It feels a bit like when you get a twitch in your eye, except inside, in your abdomen. I can't get all that excited right now because it's not something I can share with Hubby. As yet, the "twitches" cannot be felt by the human hand and so he's sort of shut out of this for now. Honestly, I don't think I'll get excited until he can experience it too. I'm a sharer, I can't help it.

Otherwise this part of pregnancy has proven to be pretty non-eventful, aside from a growing, firm mound on the front of my body (I know, shocker, right?). I'm thankful, of course, for the "uneventfulness". No news is good news. No adverse symptoms is even better news. Having not seen the baby since week 9, I'm looking forward to our first big ultrasound in 2 weeks. In case you didn't know, although we probably could find out, we don't plan to discover whether baby is boy or girl - so don't email me for the "results". I will, however, post any other relevant information provided to me by the technician as well as my blow-by-blow account of trying to hold-in a gallon of pee for an excrutiatingly long time. I bet you just CAN'T WAIT!

In other news, Hubby and I are off on our "Babymoon" this weekend. 2.5 days in Seattle at a swank downtown hotel, mooching around stores, plodding around Pike's Place Market, revelling in the cool weather, pampering ourselves with in room massages, and eating at ridiculously expensive and fancy restaurants. The 11th is our 2nd wedding anniversary and our last without baby, so we're going to make the most of it.

1 comment:

joy4love said...

Have a great babymoon! I look forward to the second ultrasound too!