Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Daisy likes bad singing. And other lunch-time adventures.

One of the great benefits about working from home and having Daisy cared-for just downstairs, is the fact that I get to come downstairs and get lunchtime cuddles and play time. It's especially fun when it's one of my mum's days because then I'm getting to spend time with both of my favorite ladies!

Daisy absolutelty ADORES her Nan, of course. To the extent, it seems, that she even loves her bad singing.

To be fair, my singing is horrific also, as is Hubby's, but Daisy is just a little giggle-monster whenever any of us sings to her. Current favorites include: Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, The Wiggle Song (from one of her toys), and When You're Happy and You Know It. It's even more amusing to her when we also dance for her amusement. She especially likes it when you wiggle your butt in front of her face.

Seriously! Aren't kids great? I can't think of anyone else who appreciates my currently over-sized butt in such an honest and whole-hearted way!

Daisy also seems convinced that she is more than 3 months old. Although she isn't YET officially 3 months (will be so on Friday of this week - the 3rd), she's behaving like a kid months ahead developmentally. As you know (from previous posts), she has begun teething, loves to stand with your support, and now enjoys nothing more than hanging out on her Bumby seat and grabbing at one of a bevvy of toys that we lay before her.

None of us can believe how fast all this is happening... she barely seems like a baby any more! Today I'm even convinced that she leaned in and opened her mouth when I went to kiss her. Of course it will be wonderful when she actually does come and give her mummy kisses but everything in it's own time!

Daisy Week 13 100

Sing: C'mon Wiggle with me!


Daisy Week 13 094

Hmmm... I wonder how THIS will feel up against my new toof?

2 comments:

joy4love said...

Loved yellow submarine! Daisy is SO fortunate I'm practically jealous. Cared for by loving family who sings Beatles!

e said...

And didn't see turn over and crawl to her toy just the other day? My friend's 5 month old is just now learning to flip over. But then he's stuck. She's definitely precocious, just like her parents.