Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

8 months today!

GobbleGobble09 108
Happy 8 month birthday, Daisy!

I can't believe how much you've grown and achieved in such a short time: sitting up, crawling, climbing, babbling, getting new teeth, eating proper food... it seems like there is a new milestone to celebrate almost every day!

Your big, wide, cheeky smile blows the clouds away from even the most dismal of days. Even when you were sick, you still managed to smile and giggle - I love that about you. (How very British of you to put a smile on your face and just muddle-through!)

I also love the fact that you're a social bunny. I hoped for a baby that loved being around people but I was prepared for anything, knowing I had little control over who you would be. Yet, you've exceeded even my expectations for social inclination! Your face literally lights up when you see other people, especially other kids, and the fact that I have had to leave restaurants because you were squealing at people with delight (as opposed to crying) just makes me so proud and happy.

You're already a quick-learner, independent, exhuberant, loving, happy and so fearless - your Daddy and I can't wait to see how you put that to use in each new stage of your life. Personally, I think it's going to be a blast.

Thanks for a great 8 months. I'm so enjoying being your mommy/mummy!

3 comments:

e said...

LOVE. HER.

Mala said...

Mwah! So cute...

Linh and Yogi said...

awwww....well said Brit-Mama!