Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

POPSICLES!

A couple of weekends ago, we had some friends over for a barbecue and they brought with them some popsicles that their kids liked to eat. Usually Daisy doesn't show much interest in such things although, with her teething, we have definitely tried. Yesterday, however, as we were putting groceries away, Daisy grabbed one out of the freezer and begged us to open it for her.

Daisy asking for us to do something for her, by the way, now goes something like this: "Huppp Meeeeeeeeeee! Hupppp Meeeeeee!" over and over again, and with desperation, until you acquiesce or she gets mad at you, screams, and you acquiesce. (I'm trying to get her to add "peaaase" to this but with only sporadic success.)

Aaaanyway, we were busy and decided to chance letting her loose with the thing. It did enter into my head that a large popsicle with a 15 month old and two dogs who stick to her side like glue, might NOT be the best idea, but I'm a firm believer that you never know until you try. (Either that or I'm just stupid. Take your pick.)

Well, we tried. And this was the result...

Daisy Month 16_popsicle 006

Daisy Month 16_popsicle 010

Daisy Month 16_popsicle 012

Daisy Month 16_popsicle 015

One t-shirt later and we conceded that the popsicle had been a hit. However, the experiment didn't prove to be the parentally-freeing distraction we had hoped for, since I had to follow her around with a dish-towel, wiping up all the drips that she left on the floor in her wake.

As for the dogs, I think they got a couple of good licks in - off Daisy as well as the popsicle!

No comments: