Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Daisy in the City

As unbelievable as it may sound (given that I am a city girl)  this weekend is Daisy's first trip into a real city. (Sorry, folks, Sacramento doesn't count when you grew up in London.)

We're in San Francisco for the weekend, playing tour-guide to Aunty Janet and Uncle Grahame and we're having a blast.

This afternoon's events included marveling at the view from our 25th story hotel room

San Fran_09242010 021

San Fran_09242010 002

San Fran_09242010 005

Playing with the hotel phone (and trying to avoid incurring major phone expenses to South Africa) as well as our furry friends who came along for the ride

San Fran_09242010 011

San Fran_09242010 017


People watching (and, yes, a little shopping) on Market Street, which we LOVED. Lots of people = fun. GOD, I love this kid.

San Fran_09242010 030

San Fran_09242010 027

Running around Union Square

San Fran_09242010 043

San Fran_09242010 067

San Fran_09242010 072


Seriously, it was clear that Daisy is a city girl. Despite being super cranky before we left home, she rallied once we arrived and made it all the way through a late dinner. She loved the street vendors, the buskers, and even the vagrants took a harmless liking to her - I actually had civilized conversations with a couple of them as a result of her smile. I think this kid is going places.

And now I find myself in a darkened hotel room, thankful that I had the peace-of-mind to set my laptop with internet connection up before bedtime. Daisy is sleeping soundly through the car vrooms and police sirens from 25 floors below, as well as completely ignoring the folks who don't know any other way how to close their hotel room door except for letting it slam. (If this is you, hows about you close it quietly from now on? Thanks!)

Tomorrow we're down-down to Chinatown and then off to an excursion to Pier 39. I love the city.

No comments: