"Ladiessss Boooobies!"
Last week at the store we passed a particularly well-endowed lady, pushing her shopping cart past us. It was clear that this otherwise svelte woman had some serious fakies and, of course, Daisy thought this was cause for comment. She pointed directly at the lady and screamed "Ladiesssss Booobiessss" Meanwhile, I turned beet red and attempted as quick of a getaway as was humanly possible.
"Mummiessss Car! Brrrrm, brrrrm! Come on!"
Love her, she likes to go out and about. Sometimes we're at home and she'll go grab my keys, stand at the front door and yell "Mummmmiesss Car!" and then, when we don't respond. "Brrrrrm! Brrrrm!" and then again, when we're not moving fast enough in the direction of out the front door "Come on Mummy/Daddy!"
"Mummydaddy"
Sometimes Hubby and I are a single entity. Instead of addressing us separately when we're together as a family, she will often roll our names into one word: "Mummydaddy!"
"Eeeye Eeeye!"
Daisy is in the first throes of learning to sing. Her favorite song BY FAR is Old MacDonald. Only, she expects us to sing it for her. Frequently on car rides she will urge us on by yelling
"Eeeeeeye Eeeeeye Eeeeeeye!" She never gets to the "Ohhhhhhhh" part because she likes it when we finish that bit for her. Then she'll shout the name of some random animal (intelligible 75% of the time and a complete mystery the other 25%) at the appropriate part in the song. Her favorite animal to include in Old MacDonald is a cow, which she says as "Key-owwwww" with a dirty laugh, because she knows we're sick and tired of saying "Moo! Moo!" I wonder if she knows that just makes her too cute to resist?
"Googleit!"
Yesterday, we were driving down the Foresthill Road singing "Eeeeeye Eeeeeye" when Daisy decided, out of nowhere, to have a moose on the farm. Well, of course, I have absolutely no idea what a moose sounds like* and so, absentmindedly, I said to Hubby: "We'll have to Google it when we get home." All of a sudden Missy burst into hysterical laughter and yelled "GOOOOOOOGLE!" And so we started playing up to her, yelling "Google It!" to her in the back seat. To which she would respond with another hysterical laugh, almost as if we were tickling her under her armpits. It was entertainment for a good 30 minutes.
"Music on!" and "Marley!"
Daisy likes to dance. She likes a driving dance beat and a poppy tune (just like her mumma). Every night after dinner (and increasingly any time she feels like it throughout the day) she will point to my laptop with iTunes on it and yell "Music On!" At first, for the first couple of days she did it, we all thought she was saying "Mexico!" and so were a bit bemused but then we got it and now we're snapping to it, just as she requests. When we're in the family room/kitchen, we have a Bob Marley CD on constant standby and so she'll point to that at breakfast and dinner time and yell "Marley!" until we play some reggae. Listening to "3 Little Birds" is actually not a bad way to start your day, as it goes.
Daisy, getting down with her bad self.


Cows = milk, butter, cheese. Chickens = eggs.
This kid has got the relationship between her animals and her foodstuffs down. You ask her where milk comes from, she says cow. You ask her where eggs come from, she says chickens (and usually a "Brucck! Brucck! for good measure.) If you ask her what else cows produce, she'll often add butter and cheese to the list. Of course, we're waiting for the day when she realizes that the chicken on her plate is the same thing as the chicken in the cage. I envision tears and a poultry strike.
"Icy Bitsss!"
Daisy loves her some crushed ice, either straight-up or in her "Apple Joooooce!" She calls them "Icy Bitsss" and will run up to the fridge ice-maker asking for (sorry DEMANDING) them.


"Iwubooo"
Which means, "I love you". This morning she actually said "I love you, Daddy," as he was preparing to go to work. She said it twice and it melted her Daddy's heart. This afternoon, she said it to me as I walked up the stairs and away from her to my office. Sniff.
And here's just one more picture for the road. Daisy and her new mess-maker, I mean kitchen. See Ms. Ranty Pants for the story behind the kitchen.

-------------
*Incidentally, I did Googleit. A moose sounds like a cross between a hump-back whale and an asthmatic cow, unless mating when the female sounds appropriately enough like a squeaky bed post. Listen here.
1 comment:
How awesome it sounds like a ton of fun! I love that at less than 2 she's already Google it! Perfect. And please practice your moose call so that I can be regaled on my next visit.
Post a Comment