You see, every time we go into the kitchen these days, Missy becomes a little whiner, wanting to be picked up all the time so she can see and participate in what we are doing. "Pick you!" Pick you!" is repeated over and over again until you're ready to tear your hair out. (Yes, we're having pronoun issues.)
Picking, however, is not always possible when you're chopping and slicing, frying hot oil, or pulling a scalding hot baking sheet out of the oven. Well, at least, if it is possible (without injury) Hubby and I have not figured it out.
So, typically what happens is much whining, crying and occasional throwing oneself on the floor in frustration (her, not us, although I've been tempted.)
I had no idea if the kitchen-helper thingumy would work (one possibility was screaming, crying, and whining of a different sort) but it arrived a little early and, with the prospect of Christmas-cookie-making looming for the weekend, I decided to put it to work.
IT'S A MIRACLE! Daisy loves it. She even helped mix up the batter for French Toast this morning! No way!? I get to make breakfast with HAPPY SOUNDS!?
This evening, after dinner, she demanded we push the thing over to the counter-top and then used her pointy little finger to demand "food", "fowak", and "bowal" for her to work on. So I gave her a bowl full of whipped cream.





Mummy also got a little "artsy" with some shots.



So, all in all, fun was had by child and parents.
Of course, we didn't completely escape a tantrum. Daisy was having so much fun we couldn't tear her away. When we did, she kicked, screamed, and cried for a good five minutes.
1 comment:
HAHAHAHAHA! Oh that made me laugh, how adorable. I love that she's so engaged and that she wants to participate. What a great idea this was, and the photos are great. I love them all, and of the artsy ones my fave is the one of her face from below. You are an amazing photog. So proud!
Post a Comment