Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Daisydotes

First, before sharing a funny story, I wanted to post this pic from our family dinner-date with friends last week.


The lure of a California King bed was too great for two 19 month olds. Much fun was had jumping and climbing up and down on the master bed. (And thank God for the size since Missy fell head-first off my mother's queen bed last week.)


Couldn't you just eat them up at this age?

And now to the Daisydote.

Yesterday was Daddy's birthday



.. and in the evening we went out for a nice dinner at Zinfandel Grille in Gold River. Very nice it was too, despite the fact that Missy decided to play picaboo with the table cloth and knocked over my glass of wine. (Many thanks to the sympathetic waiter who provided a new glass on the house!)

Aaaaanyways, so we're all in the car after dinner, just buckled in and I'm in the middle of telling my parents a funny story about my husband, who, last week, left a kids carton of milk on the top of my car, which we only discovered thirty minutes later after the carton was gone but my car was dripping milk in a parking lot. Yes, my car was doing a great impressing of a cow.

Husband's absentmindedness aside... I'm sitting in the driver's seat and my parents are squished into the back seat with Daisy, so I'm twisting around, telling the story.

About 3/4 of the way through the tale, Daisy kicks her feet, points her finger past me and outside the front window and yells: "Mummy! DWIIIIIIIIIIVE!"

That kid is all action, I tell ya. I don't think I've belly laughed that hard all year.

2 comments:

e said...

LOL. Love her. She's wiser than us both together.

e said...

And oh my god those pics of the two little girls in that big bed are TO DIE FOR!!