Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Daisy's Halloween

Daisy's Halloween was really a Halloween week.

We started with a mid-week, evening pumpkin patch visit with The Tings, cousins Adah and Ezra. There's a really great pumpkin patch not far from where we live, just off a normal residential street. They have hay rides, mazes, scarecrows, bounce houses on weekends, and, of course, oodles of pumpkins.

CUTENESS OVERLOAD ON THE HAY RIDE



TRAWLING THE PUMPKIN FIELDS





HAULING OUR BOOTY



AND GENERALLY SOME GOOD-OLE ALL AMERICAN FUN








Then, kicking off the weekend, we hit Apple Hill, where Daisy went on the never ending search for a "good one." Which usually means one bigger than she can reasonably carry.



And finally, it came to Halloween itself. Given that Missy has been reluctant to wear anything I wanted her to - down to only being willing to wear her "garden shoes" for an entire week and resisting any attempt at me dressing her in some cute fall cords, it seemed unlikely it was going to go well. We were all definitely poised for a mega-sized tantrum.

But it started off great. She wore her Halloween T-Shirt and matching cord pants, making Mumma VERY happy, given they were Janie & Jack and cost a buck or two.


And then, when it came to Trick or Treat, she even donned the Ladybug outfit that Daddy and I have been swooning over for more than a month now.



The hat, though.... notsomuch...


Daisy made it about five or six houses before getting fairly bored with the process. Plus, I have to say that, once the initial excitement of dressing her up and knocking on the first couple of doors was over, I was feeling pretty ho-hum about the whole event myself. Door, "Trick or Treat!", candy... repeat. Ugggh. Although, I have to say, it was cool to turn around at one point and see our street crawling with little kids, hyped-up on candy, and scuttling from house to house in the dark.

After all this activity, Mummy and Daddy needed a date night. So we left Nan and Grandad in charge while we hot-footed it to the bar. 

3 comments:

Bham Juls said...

I love this! So glad to have these little peeks into your life. It's pretty near perfect from where I'm sitting!

<3

-Juls

joy4love said...

Cute pictures! VERY cute Daisy! It's always such fun to see little kids all dolled up. She's the cutest lady bug I've seen!

e said...

I love pictures of her when she's walking, she's got this determined gait, very focused. It's awesome. And gorgeous pic w/ the ladybug costume, you really captured her essence.