Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Loon

Today a friend texted me to ask if I would like her to craft a delightful, girly hat for Daisy for Christmas. She sent a sample image of the one she had made for her own daughter and it was beautiful.

Unfortunately, I had to reply that Miss Daisy will not wear hats, or pretty much anything on her head. Maybe it was my fault for not forcing her sooner or maybe it was because she didn't have very much hair for a really long time, but Daisy doesn't do bows, clips, or hats. That's why her hair is always blowing in 20 different directions in pics and falls all over her lovely little face. It's not that I don't want to pretty her up, it's that it's just not worth the tantrums.

Ok, my friend said, hows about I make her a scarf instead? Again, I had to reply that this probably wasn't a good user of her time, given Missy doesn't like anything up around her neck either. (I know, welcome to my world of random toddler limitations.)

All of this, however, does not prevent my crazy loon of a child from putting a canvas bag on her head at night and running around the house bumping into things... KIDS!

No comments: