Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Give it up for salads and wraps - woot woot!

This morning was my 23 week ObGyn check-up and I'm happy to say that all is well.

Weight Gain: 2.5 lbs. Yessssssssssss! Made up for last month's overage. Doctor was pleased. And for those of you who are 'tsking' me and worrying that I'm starving my baby, let me explain a few things.

First, I'm back to working out (if a little less strenuously) 5-6 times a week. I do two pre-natal yoga workouts a week, two regular pre-natal workouts from my Gabrielle Reice DVD, and two 30 minute "Firm" workouts with a resistance band (albeit with some pregnancy modifications).

Second, I'm craving salads, nuts, bran cereals, milk, sandwiches, soups, fruit, and fruit juice. In short, I'm eating much more healthfully than I did in my first trimester, where I was just grabbing whatever didn't make me feel nauseus.

Third, there just isn't much room in there any more for large intakes of food. My per-meal quota has definitely gone down. When I do over-eat, it feels like the skin on the front of my stomach is about to zip open. Yes, literally. This is very good motivation to keep portion sizes smaller.

So, don't worry about me. I'm eating regularly and healthfully and working out safely.

Belly Measurement: Quote: "...very good!" The doctor was very pleased with my growth. I'm right on target. Further vilification that baby is getting enough nutrition.

Ultrasound Results: Everything looks a-ok. No signs of anything for concern. Size = as expected for this far along.

Baby's Heartbeat: Strong and healthy.

Next appointment 4 weeks from now when I also get to book the next big blood test - the one with the glucose. I'm super excited about that because I believe it takes two hours and you need to get stuck twice during that time. That will be really fun since I only have one good vein.

After the next appointment I'll also get instructions on how to monitor the number of kicks that baby gives me throughout the day. It's getting more frequent already and I think I'll need a notepad for this one - my pregnancy brain is like a sieve!

3 comments:

Mala said...

Proud of you!

Farrah said...

Rest easy -- you only get stuck once for the blood glucose test!

joy4love said...

Good luck with that nasty drink...I bet you'll like that better than the needle though.