Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Play Date

One of the best things about being a mom/mum so far is that I have met lots of other wonderful new moms who, I think (and hope) I will continue to remain friends with as our kids grow.

Although the pre-baby class (formerly known as Lamaze but ambiguously called "Great Expectations" these days) was actually not all that helpful in the end (especially given that I had a scheduled c-section) the one thing it did do was to introduce Hubby and I to other couples who were expecting babies at about the same time as us. Out of about 15 couples in the group, I have managed to stay in touch with three moms and, through them, have met a whole lot more.

On Wednesday, four of those moms and their kiddos - Natalie and Mackenzie, Lisa and Sydney, Krista and Joshua, and Renee and Mady - came to my house for a play date, our second since the kiddos were born.

To provide some perspective, here is, from L to R: Daisy, Syndey, Joshua, and Mackenzie in late June when they were just 2 to 2 1/2 months old (they're all about 3 weeks apart with Daisy being the oldest and Josh being the youngest. Mady is almost a year now and joined our group as a friend of Natalie's - and we're all glad to have a more experienced mom to talk to, believe me!)














Now here are the same four babies at 4 1/2 to 5 months:
L to R: Syndey, Joshua, Mackenzie, and Daisy

Daisy Week 23_PlayDate_090909 158

Daisy Week 23_PlayDate_090909 187

Daisy Week 23_PlayDate_090909 188

Daisy Week 23_PlayDate_090909 190

And let's not forget Ms. Mady herself, who recently learned to crawl

Daisy Week 23_PlayDate_090909 104

It was so fun to see how much the kids have grown and to catch-up with everyone, although we each had our share of mini-meltdowns. Daisy got to experience the power of sharing her toys for the first time, although that did not go well - sad faces and tears, so we need to work on that.

It was also Natalie's birthday and we thank her for spending it with us!

Daisy Week 23_PlayDate_090909 051
Natalie and Mackenzie (aka: Mack Attack or Buggy)

Natalie will be attempting to set a date next month that works for us all again and hopefully I'll be able to post more pics of the 4 kids at 5 1/2 to 6 months old!

For all the pics, click here

No comments: