Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Speak of the devil...

It's pretty interesting that flu vaccines were the topic of my last two blog entries because now we actually HAVE flu. And wouldn't you know it, our first brush with full family sickness had to be with the biggest, most-dreaded beasty of the flu season - H1N1.

Yes, oink, Daisy has the swine flu.

I also have flu (which strain I don't know) and a sinus infection and, as for Hubby, he's got something a-brewing - he actually got tested for strep throat.

AWESOME.

Fortunately, we caught it soon enough for her to be able to take Tamiflu, which we started today. She doesn't have a fever and so we just have to keep our eyes open for breathing difficulties, which might indicate that she's heading toward pneumonia. Also, any signs she is getting worse not better, mean an immediate trip back to her pediatrician.

Poor thing, though. Her nose is running like a tap, her eyes are swollen and red, she's coughing, sneezing, and she can barely breath. Eating is hard - probably because of the breathing thing and the amount of mucus stuck in her throat. She may also have a sore throat... how would I know?

Anyway, she's upset right now and so I have to go; she's had a grand total of 45 minutes in naps today. Ack! I'll blog more on her progress later.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

e said...

Good luck! On the plus side, better get it out of the way now, earlier in the season, than catch it later when it's nasty and strong from going around for months.