
Beyond crawling she is climbing (up us, up the furniture, you name it - as you can see above) and just dying to walk all the time. It kills our backs to have to prop her up as she stomps around the living room all day. She's a persuasive little missy, however. One look at that pouty-face and we're all "Okaaaay!"
Now that she has figured out that she can sit-up in her crib (see previous post) she now utilizes the space to it's full advantage. She moves all around as she's moaning herself to sleep and then has now taken to throwing her binkie out of the crib in a "I refuse to nap!"tantrum. (She only gets a binkie for naps, not for bedtime.) Unfortunately, all of this means some reconfiguration of the crib bumpers and the crib linens. I have a feeling that "reconfiguration" is going to become the new team sport around here.
Saturday, as you all know, was Halloween and Daisy slept all the way through a potential Halloween fair I was going to take her to in old town Folsom. Instead, we settled for just trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.

As I suspected, the plush monkey-suit lasted all of, oh, about 15 minutes. We made it around the key houses, grabbed some candy for Daddy and then headed home where we proceeded to meltdown. Even despite the crying, I couldn't help but feel immense pride and excitement when I head down our street with our little money in my arms, ready for her first trick-or-treating experience.

Daisy and Brad, our next-door Neighbor.
After all the excitement, we put Daisy down and got dressed-up for our adult party. It was kinda weird to be thinking about going out when we'd normally be scrubbing bottles, tidying toys, and settling down for the night. And boy, lemme tell ya, was it hard to get up @ 6am the next morning. That's parenthood, I guess!
1 comment:
Loved the costumes! Hope you guys had a fun night out.
Post a Comment