
Daisy's Grandad, my dad, has played the organ and keyboard for most of his life. My Grandfather, his dad, played before him and so you could say it's sort of a family tradition.
When I was a kid, I used to take lessons on one of those big, electric, double-keyboard organs with the foot pedals. When I first started, I had to have an extension box on them just so my little feet could reach. I'm not much for lessons or being *made* to practice, though, so in my early teens I rebelled and decided no more organ lessons for me. (I still have a decent electronic keyboard but it's relegated to a cupboard for the time-being. Right now, Daisy's ball pit and kitchen are in it's spot.)
But my dad kept playing and soon his big ole organ got exchanged for a fancy keyboard, the latest of which came with him to the U.S. and sits proudly in the living room. He's pretty good, by the way, and, when he was in England, belonged to a Keyboard Club where he used to do little shows. One of these days I'll record him and post it on my other blog for y'all.
Of course, an electronic instrument with buttons, beats, and sound is just not something an 18 month old can resist, so Daisy often jumps on and does her worst. It's pretty darn cute.


We'll see if she turns out to be any more disciplined than me when it comes to the matter of actually learning to play it for real when she gets older. I won't be forcing her. Totally her choice.
1 comment:
OH. MY. GOD. This is so cute I could scream and throw myself on the ground and just have a tantrum. And the pics are FANTASTIC. Really perfect. Delicious.
Post a Comment