The "new thing" for Daisy right now is this face she pulls when you ask her to do something she doesn't want to do but isn't vehemently opposed to (the latter, of course, resulting in kicking, screaming, and tears... so a step before that.)
The "puss face", as we like to call it, involves squinty-eyes and pursed mouth along with tucked-in chin and raised shoulders. Man, this kid is soooo expressive!




And, no, absolutely no "drama" here at all.
And the winner is!
Yes, we picked a pre-school for Ms. Daisy. Her start date will be April 5th, just 3 days after her second birthday.
We did take Missy to her second trial morning at another local Montessori but, ultimately, this is the place that makes us feel most comfortable. We really feel like we can drop "Miss uncoordinated and spacially unaware" off there and she will be well cared for and safe. Everywhere else we went to, we admitted, at the end of the day, we'd be constantly worrying about her.
Now we've made our choice, we're super excited. Now to buy the uniforms. There's a lot to choose from - khaki pants, yellow polos, little plaid skorts (I know, little dork) and a pinafore! But ack, the pants are $25 each, so we'll be buying conservatively to start with.
Thank goodness for the new fancy washing machine with no agitator... this stuff will need to last!
Um...Random!
This evening, Daisy and I had to go to Michaels for some craft supplies (no, don't freak out, I'm not becoming crafty, it's a special project for a family thing).
While zooming around the aisles looking for 'stuff', Daisy started yelling "NO! NOOOOOOO! NOOO LADEEEEEEEEE!" at anyone else in the aisles with us. This, by the way, was accompanied by pointing and jumping up and down in the kid seat.
Of course, this was a tad embarrassing. Just a tad. Actually, more annoying. Have you noticed how all the women in those craft stores are just MISERABLE? You could tiggle their armpits with a feather and I bet they wouldn't crack a smile. WTH?
After a while of being thoroughly miffed, I realized that Daisy refused to share the aisles with anyone. Nope, it could only be me and Missy in those aisles. Everyone else needed to clear out, quick smart.
Yeah, right. Getting RIGHT on that, Daisy.
Watching TV is impossible
This is what happens when you try to watch some celebrity gossip.
Yes, we've started with the who and why already.
Yeah, you wanna sit on a 10 hour flight with THIS?
Really? No? Why?
Spinning around
I leave you with some photos of Daisy spinning around, yet another illustration of her boundless energy and an indication into the hell that will be our transatlantic flight in April.





Did I mention I love wine? Hallelujah for California grapes. Keeping mothers sane for decades.
1 comment:
Um ... yeah. Good luck on that flight. But yay on the school!!!
Post a Comment