Doodle is currently into questions:
- Was dat mum?
- Who's dat mum?
- Was she doin', mum?
- Wassisname, mum?
... to name but a few, of course. These are the most common.
Half the time she is asking these questions about complete strangers. For instance, passing people on the street on in the news and so I am left with "I don't know, honey." She's probably thinking: some mother she is!
Of course, I'm waiting for "why". Which is right about when I finally succumb and rent a cargo van for a trip to Napa Valley. Gotta stock up.
Meanwhile, Doodle is NOT into naps.
It's been a struggle since we took the binky away but these days it's probably 75/25 stacked against me to get the kid to sleep on the weekends. She'll nap during the week for her Nan, who goes through gargantuan efforts (and amounts of time) to make it happen. But on the weekends, it's a treat if she so much as closes her eyes. When she does, she wakes up in the most awful mood: tearful, whiny, clingy, and short tempered, so it's a judgment call as to whether it's better to just skip it each time. All of this is the perfect combination to make yours truly want to run out of the house. Of course, through all of this, she only wants "Mumma" so I'm kinda stuck there too. Yes, we're in a mumma phase. Oy vey.
Yesterday we had a playdate with my friend's daughter, Katie, and Doodle discovered tutus. She has since decided she is a ballerina.

The search now begins for a ballet class for 2 year old. (Yeah, they pretty much don't exist.) In the meantime, we search YouTube for clips of favorite ballets. Today Doodle was inspired by Sleeping Beauty, which had her pointing her toes and lifting he leg in the air. Too cute.
I'm just overwhelmed with happiness to see her looking girly for once.
1 comment:
She's so cute, I love her! I fear naps are not going to stick around for long, especially when she wakes up in those moods. Didn't you tell me that you hate naps? Perhaps she gets the post nap bad mood from you?
Post a Comment