Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

Month 5: No more tail

So, I'm in month 5. I like to say this vs. "I'm 4 months pregnant" because it seems a little more bearable. It feels like I've been at this for 5 months, that's for sure.

The status of "the bump" is that it is now, officially, a bump. (Think I've said that before but that was wishful thinking. Now, of course, wishing that it would pop back in.) While carefully concealed underneath flowy tops when leaving the house, bump is officially 'out and about' when bumming around the house. In fact, my lower abdomen feels like someone is sitting on it. As a smart-ass friend pointed out yesterday, someone IS. Well, now it feels like it. When our dogs now decide to plonk themselves on my lap at night, I have to create a protective ring around my abdomen. The dogs are not happy, giving me huffs, puffs, and sad-eyes but I keep telling them that this is just the beginning of their relegation to secondary (maybe even thirdary) status in our household.

It also feels like something is sitting on a bunch of other things, including the famous pudendal nerve of my hip-surgery fame. I'll save you a description of the symptoms but, suffice to say, it's quite disconcerting.

Despite baby clearly putting in an appearance through my clothes, I can't feel him/her moving yet. I keep thinking that each bubble of gas is baby doing yoga but so far it has, in fact, been gas. Delightful.

I'm also heartened to see that baby's eyes and ears are closer to being a 'human' place on the little 3D thingumy to the right there. Plus, thank goodness, the tail appears to have disappeared. Our little salamandar now looks suspiciously like a human baby. Are we sure it's mine and Hubby's?

This weekend - tomorrow night - Hubby and I are off to a Halloween costume party. Our costumes of choice are: naughty (pregnant) nun and the dastardly priest who knocked her up. Of course I will post pictures.

No comments: