Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My saviour

It's called the Preggle and it's a candy-cane shaped pillow especially designed for pregnant women.
Since the arrival of my Preggle last Thursday, I have been sleeping as soundly as a bear in hibernation. Back feels great, belly feels great, neck feels great. I no longer wake up in the middle of the night, flat on my back and feeling as though someone is standing on my stomach. The pillow allows me to cozy-up on my side and, if I slip onto my back in the night, it stops me from going all the way back and cushions me in a still slightly-sideways position.
I love my Preggle.

3 comments:

e said...

Mmmh. I'm thinking I'd like one too, and I'm not even preggers!

Have you heard about a wee block? It's a little thingy you can put over your baby's peepee (boys only) so when you change him, he won't be able to pee all over you. A friend of mine found out about it after getting said treatment while changing her nephew's diaper. Genius.

caw said...

LOL ms e! I've heard of the little pee pee thing too, but I haven't heard of the preggle. Methinks I'd like one too. Is it a prerequisite to be with child Ms TV? Does it work better? If so, I could strap a pillow to my tummy with a teddy bear on the front of it? :) I'm going to email my other pregnant friends info on the preggle. Thanks for this post :) Most excellent that your bebevix looks all humanesque!! Can he/she mow the lawn yet?

MACMD said...

caw, I see nothing that requires the purchaser of said Preggle to be preggers. You can't drive a car in this country without two tests, a social security card, and a license but don't even have to do anything other than the hokey-pokey to get pregnant. So I can't imagine they want a prescription from your ObGyn for this thing. In short: go ahead and order away.

Babycenter.com has a sale on right now. It truly is a very versatile and cuddly little (or not so little) thing. Can't figure out how to place it on my nicely made-up bed, though. Aesthetically, it doesn't really go with the soothing vibe of my bedroom. Oh well. Small sacrifices.

e, yes I have heard of the little peepee cover. I shall definitely be purchasing one if baby Vixen turns out to have a penis. (At which point, he'll probably appreciate NOT being termed baby VIXEN.)