Into week 7 now and the lethargy is beginning to sneak-up on me. 9am this morning felt like 9pm last night but I pushed through, kept hydrated and it died out after an hour or two. I don't have enough time (or money) to let this baby sideline me before it's born - that's the two-sided blessing of working for commission.
I'm also feeling a tad queasy although I wouldn't yet classify it as "sick" or "nauseous". It just feels like I've gone 8 hours without eating although I just ate and my body has this weird blood-racing feeling, as though I ate a bottle of ephedrin diet pills. Yeah.... woohoo. Not.
Last Friday was our first official "pre-natal" appointment at the Ob/Gyn's office, although it was only with the pre-natal nurse: medical history, forms, paperwork, advice, guidelines, dos and don'ts, two lots of peeing in a cup and enough blood taken to sustain a newborn for a year. We won't hear anything back unless there's something wrong (yep, just try and imagine my face for the next 24 hours every time the phone rings) and the next appointment isn't for another 4 weeks. So, all-in-all, pretty uneventful so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment