Initial worry about how this pregnancy is going to turn out has turned into an almost irresistable urge to tell our family and friends.
When we found out, we made a pact to tell our families sometime after the results come back from our first pre-natal visit where blood tests etc... would (fingers crossed) confirm that everything was on-track. That visit is next Friday and we're having trouble keeping the news in.
Last night we babysat our niece, Adah, who is 22 months old. During the course of the evening we realized that she has become somewhat of a verbal mimmic and so we toyed with intentionally "letting the cat out of the bag" by telling Adah that she would have a cousin soon and that her Aunty had a baby in her belly. I don't think she caught-on enough to wake up this morning and repeat it to her parents, but we thought it would be a really funny way for them to find out. Doubtful it will work, which, I guess, is kind of why we did it.
As for me, I'm doing good. Barely know I'm pregnant. Early symptoms of some mild cramping etc.. seem to have all-but disappeared and boobs only seem to get sore at night. Only one night this past week was it so unbearable that I reached for the cool-gel inserts. After that episode the hormones seemed to die down a bit. They say there are surges, so I'm just appreciating the lull.
No comments:
Post a Comment