Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Double Trouble



This past weekend we went on a family mini-vacation to Santa Cruz. Hubby's sister, Farrah, her husband, Alex, 22 month-old daughter, Adah, and Hubbu's mom, Rosie, were all there. Which is why we decided it was the perfect time to tell them that we were expecting.

As you can see from the picture, we did it in a slightly non-traditional way, showing up to the rented apartment on the seafront with t-shirts that said it all.

Rosie was the first to see my t-shirt, gulping in silent shock and excitement. As you can see from the pic, she was excited.

But the excitement didn't stop there. Not 5 minutes after we spilled the beans, Farrah looked at Alex and said, "Weeeell..." It took no more than that for me to fling myself at Farrah in a bear hug because I knew exactly what that meant - they are pregnant too! Their due date, unbelievably, is April 1st, which puts us within one week of each other! VixenBaby will have a little cousin the same age!


Lots of fun was had in Santa Cruz - especially by me. I felt so much better in the cooler air with the sea breeze - almost as if I wasn't even pregnant. ALMOST, I say. I still had to eat like a horse to stay on top of the mounting nausea. But aside from that, the other trip shenanigans are really a blog post for my other site. However, I did want to share a couple of photos of our little Adah, who had a blast on the beach and on the rides at the Boardwalk. Aint she cute?


3 comments:

joy4love said...

My oh my...look at that long hair from Adah!!! She's a little lady now! Maybe you and Farrah will see each other in the delivery room? Hehehe...

BTW, where WILL you be delivering?

MACMD said...

Mercy Folsom, on East Bidwell. Farrah will be delivering at Kaiser Roseville... so no chance of delivering in the same place. Hopefully they don't decide to come at the same time, or pooor Rosie won't know where to go first!

Mala said...

That is a classic photo with Rosie! Adah looks adorable. Love her long hair. Evani's hair doesn't seem to grow long at all. It just curls up. Oh god, I am so excited for you guys.