Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Is it the 2nd trimester yet? Why is it fall with summer weather?

These are the things currently occupying my thoughts on a minute-by-minute basis.

I'm eagerly awaiting the surge of energy and sense of of well-being that I've been promised after week 12 and wishing to GOD that the weather people would stop calling 89 degrees "fall-like weather." 89 DEGREES IS NOT FALL-LIKE WEATHER. It's summer weather. I refuse to accept any argument to the contrary. Until the temps dip below 80, I refuse to hear anything about "fall-like" weather. People in Sacramento have been in this God-forsaken heat for so long their brains have been fried. Since when did you see fall depicted in a movie or on the tv as 89, dry, still degrees? Never. Fall is cool temperatures, orange/brown leaves, a breeze, the odd shower, not shorts and pool parties.

Does anyone know how to do a rain dance?

1 comment:

joy4love said...

You come from England...so you really are biase too.

That said, this is really not fall weather. This is just not as bad as 100-degree weather we've been having. Still, I appreciate this weather better than 100-degree ones though. Have to look for something positive in any situation.