Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Gas, bloating, heartburn, elastic and the summertime blues

Blech. Nausea is becoming old-hat at this point. Now it's about the truck-driver burping from morning to dusk, the button-busting bloating, the crippling heartburn, a new-found love of elasticatic waistbands, and a daily prayer for THIS SUMMER TO END.

Pregnant or not, the last throes of summer in Sac always leave me begging for some cool air, a brisk breeze, and a good downpour. It's too long, too hot, and too dry. There is no air and the only air we do have is polluted and stagnant. It's miserable and I hate it. I have a beautiful back yard and I never go out in it because the heat is too oppressive and a river on my doorstep I never visit because the walk sounds too exhausting in 90+ degree heat. It makes me depressed to stare out at what looks like a beautiful day but in reality be stuck inside air-conditioned 4 walls. I have a bad case of the summertime blues.

So, roll-on fall. That's all I can say. A chilly day will make me one happy pregnant woman.

2 comments:

Mala said...

It was great to see you guys. You did look exhausted, but this will pass. One fine day you will wake up not sick anymore.

joy4love said...

Cool air a-coming. As with everything, tough times will pass. Hang in there.