Approximately 4cms in length, Baby Vixen is now estimated to be due closer to the 10th-13th of April. Above you should be able to see head, arms, tummy, and legs. Baby Vixen also cooperated by moving around a little so we could actually discern all those limbs - looking a little like he/she was trying to box-away the ultrasound wand (which was inside vs. outside because it's still so early on.)Unfortunately, although we could see the heart beating at warp speed, we were unable to hear it with a doppler just yet. So we still have that took forward to at our next check-up 4 weeks from now.
All seems to be going according to plan except for one piece of not-so-great but not entirely unexpected news. Aparently I have a low pelvis, which practically speaking means that it may make it hard for me to deliver all but a small baby vaginally. This, incidentally, is pretty much the same thing that kept my mother in labor for 36 hours with me, being told that she should have had a c-section only afterward. I'm thinking elective c-section. Rather that than an emergency C. But, I guess we'll cross that bridge with the doctor when we get a little closer.
All those hips, you'd think I wouldn't be so afflicted. Typical.
9 comments:
I can't call this baby lump of meat....he/she's a little body for sure!
Don't you hate those internal ultrasound though...argh!
Actually it wasn't that bad, Joy. I saw the wand and almost had a canyptic (sp?) fit but once it (ahem) went in, it wasn't so bad. She did try the exterior ultrasound but because my bladder was not full (they'd asked me to pee earlier for the cup) he/she was too hard to see and measure.
i always got the internal ultrasound - what was up with my doc???? hmm...
Maybe he just liked you... a lot. Ok... ewww!
WHOOT! im loving this news, and i love being able to see the pic of the mini-bebe doing the 360 degree turn. i can even forgive the pic for looking somewhat alienesque! i'm so very happy for you dear one, you've made my day.
post updates as often as you can - enquiring minds need to know what's going on!! xxxxxxxx
ooo btw, does having a low pelvis mean you'll have to have a C section?
caw - a low pelvis means I MAY need to have an emergency c-section if it turns out the baby can't get through the, um, gap. I'd much prefer to schedule the c-section, but I'm not sure if that's going to be an option. A conversation for another appointment. It's still early days and not much I can do about it now!
All of a sudden these comments take on another direction...Between Mala and Shelly, you guys make ultrasound visits sound kind of...
I don't have the right words, or I dont' want to use them here.
Looks as if it's starting to do a back flip...I think it's a GIRL! Conversations about the 'wand' just reminded me of a Passion Party invite I need to respond to, thanks ladies...haha...!
Post a Comment