An email I got from my medical group about Daisy's development this week talked about the emergence of a personality in, what was previously, just our ball of cuteness. Of course, I think Daisy has always had her own little quirks and characteristics but it is true that, right about now, I'm starting to see more of the kind of girl she's going to be.
The email asked these questions and I thought it was fun to consider what the answers meant to who Daisy might be in a few years...
When she reaches for a new toy, does she keep trying until she grasps it? Or can she be satisfied by something within her reach? Depends on her mood. Mostly she'll try and then, if she gets frustrated, move on to something else.
When you take her to new places, does she explore or does she watch? Previously I would have said watch, because you definitely see her taking everything in. But now that she is getting more mobile and aware, I would say explore. She's into everything these days - hands, mouth, eyes... all busy trying to make sense of everything around her. At today's Halloween play date, she rolled around the floor trying to find the hardest thing to touch and, potentially, smack her head against. I can see she's going to keep me quite busy!
Does she try to get the attention of new people, or does she become quieter? Oh, she's definitely going to be an attention-seeker. Daisy loves nothing more than an audience. In fact, she is happier with more people around her rather than less because it keeps her interested. If you leave her in a room on her own she cries yet if you put her on the floor in a room of people, she'll happily play away on her own.
What do I conclude from all of this? That she's going to be an impatient, adventurous, social-bunny.
I LOVE IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment