Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Baby Malletts

On Saturday, Daisy turned 6 months old. Whooooah! It's pretty unbelievable that, 6 months from now, we'll be planning her one year birthday party. (Ok, in reality, planning will probably start 4 months from now.)

With our DSLR, mini camera, and handycam at the constant ready, I have had to now stop identifying pictures and video by the week and begin using just the month. It has been getting just too hard to remember which week we're on! To-date I have taken 2,204 pictures or short-videos, amounting to almost 9GB of space on my PC. And yes, it's all backed-up on a removable hard drive .

Tomorrow is her 6-month check-up at the pediatrician's so I'll post weight/height stats then but for today just a quick catch-up on some new and exciting things Daisy has been up to.

Baby Malletts

When laying on her back now, Daisy smacks her legs on the floor (or against whatever might be in her way) with such force that we've come to call them Baby Malletts. When you think about it, this kid must have KILLER abs. Have you tried to lay on your back and lift your legs like this over-and-over-again? I'm considering adding this to my workout routine. I'm serious! I think we could learn a thing or two about muscle conditioning by watching babies!





Party Party Party!

Daisy had 3 parties to attend this past weekend. The first two were sort-of joined - her nanny, Brandy, has two girls and both of their birthdays are so close together that they decided to do one big double-header this past Saturday. Her daughter, Lizzie, is one and her eldest, Chloe, just turned four. Unfortunately, Mummy here forgot the camera and so I don't have any pictures to post BUT Daisy had a great time watching all the older kids jump up-and-down on the bounce-house.

On Sunday was cousin Adah's third birthday. I already can't believe that it was as long ago as three years when I held my first ever niece for the first time. Here I am below holding Adah when she was just one day old.

The only picture folder on my computer to rival Daisy's is Adah's with 750 photos and almost 3GB of space.






















Every year Adah has had a birthday party and each year I take it upon myself to be the unofficial photographer. With that in mind, here is a trip down memory lane with a pic from her 1, 2, and now 3 year birthday parties. One of these days I'm going to be doing this with Daisy's pics. Scary!



























Adah 2nd Birthday Party 035b

Adah 3rd BDay 183

My sister- and brother-in-law did a great job of prepping a fantastic 3 year old's party in their park-like back yard. With plenty of toys to play on, cake and a pinata, it was a great way to spend our Sunday morning!

Adah 3rd BDay 003

As for my little scallywag, she had a great time being held by friends and family as well as watching all the other kids race around.

Adah 3rd BDay 024

Adah gives Daisy advice on how to score the biggest piece of cake at her first birthday party while Grammie watches on.

Daisy Month 6 037

Cuddles with Uncle Ju'tin. Uncle Ju'tin lives in San Diego and so Daisy is under strict orders to suck up to him at every available opportunity, for beach vacations, Legoland and SeaWorld visits! (Just kidding, Justin, we're coming to visit you, of course.)

Daisy Month 6 026
Sharing a joke with Grandad. (Probably about Nan!)

Daisy Month 6 023
Being squished by Mummy.


Daisy Month 6 014
Uh, oh! Telling on Grandad about that joke!


After all that partying, Daisy and I decided to chill at home with the puppies, a camera, and a mirror. As you can see, much fun was had by all!

Daisy Month 6 083

Daisy Month 6 056

Daisy Month 6 053

No comments: