
Yes, after much hullabaloo, we made a choice on the Shopping Cart Cover - The Floppy Seat in Paisley.
(If you missed the significance of this monumental purchase, please see The Great Shopping Cart Cover Shopping Expedition)
The bottom line is that I wanted something now, not in November, didn't want to spend $80 with shipping, and wanted something soft. Floppy met all those needs being $39 and immediately available at Babies R Us.
We have already used it on a shopping cart (or trolley, as we like to call it in England) as well as on a couple of restaurant high-chairs and it's been a hit as you can see below.
Daisy absolutely loves sitting on the restaurant high-chair as she can look around at everyone in the restaurant. She actually looks somewhat miffed when she watches people walk past our table and they don't stop and "goo" at her. Clearly she thinks herself VERY important. (Of course, I have NOTHING to do with that.)
Using it on the 'trolley', however, didn't go as well. First of all, she's still a bit small for the child seat and tends to flop from one side to the other (reason why I wanted something very padded.) Secondly, parental malfunction resulted in it slipping off one side of the cart and, before we knew it, Daisy's chops were munching on the corner of the dirty shopping cart. Ack! Since this is exactly what we were hoping to prevent, this was a tad upsetting.
All those germs are good for her immune system, right?
2 comments:
Yes, the germs are good for the immune system. I recommend having the dogs lick her face on a daily basis. It looks like a nice seat, but is it not a little too floppy? I mean, it seems to just occupy so much space. Does it work the way you want it to? Does it have pockets? I assume it's machine washable?
And Daisy looks like she was born to be in a high chair.
e - good questions all.
1) Yes, we have the dogs lick her face daily. We don't get an awful lot of choice in that. As you know, Maggie is a licker.
2) It's not too floppy, no. The floppiness = easy to put on with one hand on baby one hand on cart + soft, cushiony landing for floppy baby.
3) Doesn't occupy a lot of space at all. I think the pic from the floppy website is misleading.
4) Yes it works the way I want it to.
5) Yes, it has a pocket for a toy or a bottle or keys or whatever.
6) Yes, it is machine washable.
Post a Comment