Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

15 days

We have a date!

Our ObGyn today agreed that the baby is indeed big and my pelvis is indeed small, so it doesn't look like a good match. Although she didn't push us toward a c-section at all, she did say that she felt that it would probably be the safest option. So, as we thought, we're going for the scheduled-c.

Our date right now is Friday, April 3rd. Time is still tbd but it looks like early afternoon for the surgery (1:30 - 2-ish). We need to be there 2 hours ahead for some standard bloodwork and paperwork etc..

Obviously I'm not thrilled about surgery but I do like having a solid date to look forward to, an end in sight. Even so, Hubby and I are a bit dubious about Baby McDaid's ability to make it another 15 days. I've begun getting Braxton Hicks contractions and, as you know from yesterday's post, I have 'dropped'. The doctor didn't do an internal exam to determine if I am at all effaced or dilated because those can sometimes speed up the onset of labor (which we now do not want to do.) However, I'm hoping that by taking it easy (yes, me!) I can avoid going into labor and necessitating an emergency c-section. I think I can try that for 2 weeks. We'll see!

I did find out that I only put on 0.2lbs in the past 10 days, however, which was a hallelujah moment because I've been fighting ridiculous amounts of hunger on an increasingly frequent basis.

While I was full of elation for the dropping yesterday, today I have started to experience the other side of the coin - it literally feels like the bottom is about to drop out of my stomach! Arrggh! My poor hip, pelvis, and lower ab muscles/tendons are on overdrive - they are not happy.

I am also more and more tired as the days wear on. Although I try to get stuff done around the house, I don't last very long before something - exhaustion, swollen feet, back-ache, pelvic pain - makes me sit down. I've become a late afternoon napper (something I definitely cannot do ordinarily) and have trouble getting going in the morning. With all this in mind and, to help myself prepare for the big day, I've decided to go out on leave just a couple of days early - April 1st. Mum and Dad arrive on the 31st and it will be nice to spend some quality time with them before the baby arrives and, at the same time, I can work on making sure absolutely everything around the house is ready for baby's arrival. So, just 8 more working days to go...

5 comments:

e said...

Hang in there. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger! No pun intended.

joy4love said...

I love naps...before or after the babies so I don't know why some people consider it a sin haha...

Honestly, take it easy, or I just might be the first one visiting baby McDaid before the date! (which...isn't a bad thing for me...)

Linh and Yogi said...

You should check out some of your comments to me when I was at this point last summer. Think I scared you then but I'm sure by actually living it, it's a thousand times worst...haha!! I can't wait to meet the end result of all this torture :op It's going to be the cutiest little miracle!

MACMD said...

Ok, Linh. So, give it up. I did back to your blog and look at my comments on your posts in August and July and I can't see ANYTHING that might have caused this comment. I was excited for you... and that's about it. So, you have to share... what the hell did I say that prompted your comment and when did I say it????

Linh and Yogi said...

I thought I recall a comment about not looking forward to some discomforts I was having at the time. I could be wrong and it could be someone else. Sorry! Point is, it's not easy being The Mom no matter who says what. Seriously tho, you and hubby are a great team and has been doing an extraordinary job with this baby, staying positive, getting organized and keeping eachother sane. You're going to be great parents!! Hang in there lady!!