Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Cry baby


It occurs to me that I moan and whinge a lot on this blog about being pregnant. I guess this shouldn't come as any surprise to anyone who knows me or anyone who bothered to read the title of the blog (HELLO! "rants" and "British"!)

Recently, however, I have been yet-again reminded of the fortuitousness of my situation by another friend who had trouble conceiving. Not that she has been scolding me for being such a whinge-bag (oooo, there's a Britishism I haven't used in a while) but just the difference in our attitudes towards our pregnancy made me have a moment of self-realization. Ok, maybe it wasn't as deep as I made it sound but I did think for a second that perhaps I should try not to be such a drama Queen (although then, what would I write about?) Such dilemmas!

The reality of all my aches, pains, and inconveniences is pretty inconsequential really when you consider that I was fortunate enough to get pregnant quickly, without intervention, and that the baby seems to have been healthy throughout the pregnancy. I guess it's easy to sweat the small stuff when that's all you've been given to deal with.

So, does all this self-reflection mean that I'm going to stop ranting on this blog? Ummm... probably not; I rant therefore I am. However, I just wanted to put this quick post "out there" to say I realize that, despite all my hystrionics, I do realize how fortunate I am in so many ways.

No comments: